Strategic Framework for TAM Data and System Investments
The IADOT assessment resulted in the creation of a Strategic Framework for TAM Data and Information System Investments. This framework refines and refocuses the broader NCHRP Report 956 framework to show how potential data and information system capabilities do, or do not, align with three different asset management approaches: (1) a reactive management approach, (2) a cycle-based management approach, or (3) a condition or performance-based management approach.
The framework consists of a series of matrices, organized by tiered management approaches, linked to potential data and information system capabilities, which can be used to provide a structured approach to identify:
- What management approach is intended for your asset?
- What data is required, optional, or not needed for the approach?
- What data informed decisions are intended to be supported?
- What analytical methodologies should be in place?
- What data access and reporting capabilities are expected?
- How should data be stored and integrated?
- What data collection methodologies may be appropriate?
A supporting presentation and illustrative example application of the framework introduce the framework materials, describe the intended application and suggest implementation steps for future users.
Download the Editable Strategic Framework Matrices
Download the Supporting Presentation
Download the Hypothetical Example Application